Keynote Speaker and Workshop Leader
Dr. Janet Schmalfeldt (Tufts University) will deliver the keynote address, entitled “Domenico Scarlatti, Escape Artist: Sightings of His ‘Mixed Style’ Towards the End of the Eighteenth Century.” She will also conduct a professional development workshop for graduate students and faculty on “Processual Approaches to Form in Early Nineteenth-Century Music: The Case of Mendelssohn and the First Movement of his Violin Concerto, Op. 64.” All conference attendees are encouraged to attend these events, and no application is necessary for workshop participation.
- Daniel Stevens, chair (University of Delaware)
- Anthony Kosar (Westminster Choir College)
- Kathleen Smith (George Mason University)
- Naomi Waltham-Smith (University of Pennsylvania)
- Dan Zimmerman (University of Maryland)
Robert A. Baker (Catholic University of America)